• Jan Middendorp’s article in Eye magazine about Cyrus Highsmith: Space and rhythm
• David Dabner (London College of Communication) featured in the video below:
• Finding great reference books at the Albert Sloman Library: click here
• ‘Rhythm in type design‘ by Alejandro Lo Celso (scroll down on this page to find it as a PDF link) He references the writings of Walter Kaech (excerpt posted on this blog) for his thesis written in 2000 for the University of Reading
• Here’s one of the books I’ll share a key excerpt from next week: Walter Tracy’s Letters of Credit. As it notes here, ‘Tracy argues that, whether they are of the sixteenth or the twentieth century, the forms that comprise our alphabet are subject to the same rules of good taste, proportion, and clarity that have always obtained’.